This is the privacy and cookie statement of Rakoo B.V., located at Arsenaalgas 8c, Nijmegen. In this statement, we explain how we handle your personal data. We believe in being transparent, personal, and reliable. Therefore, we continuously improve Rakoo B.V. and handle your personal data with care.
Rakoo B.V. (hereinafter referred to as "Rakoo," "we," or "us") processes personal data of users (hereinafter referred to as "users" or "you"). We process (certain) personal data on behalf of and based on the instructions of our clients with whom we have entered into a data processing agreement. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we are classified as a data processor in this context.
In addition, we process (certain) personal data for our own purposes, such as improving our products and services and providing helpdesk services. In this context, we qualify as a data controller.
In this privacy statement, we inform you about the processing of personal data for our own purposes (as a data controller). We will explain the personal data we process, the purposes for which we process this personal data, and how long we retain it. The privacy statement of the organization that invited you to use the e-learning software will inform you about the processing of personal data in our capacity as a data processor.
We take your privacy seriously, and we understand that it is important for you to be aware of how your personal data is processed. We will only process personal data in the manner and for the purposes described in this privacy statement. We will do so in accordance with our obligations and your rights arising from the GDPR and the Implementation Act General Data Protection Regulation.
- Our Information
Rakoo B.V. is registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number 70498717, located at Arsenaalgas 8c (6511 PE) Nijmegen.
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 085 130 2698
Mailing address: Arsenaalgas 8c (6511 PE) Nijmegen
- What personal data do we process?
We process the following personal data that you have provided in the e-learning environment:
- Email addresses
- General functioning of the e-learning software
- Providing helpdesk services
- Analyzing errors to improve our products and services
- Monitoring fraud, abuse, and incorrect use of accounts
- Developing new products
- The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests in keeping the products up to date and functioning without errors, developing new products and services, and ensuring the reliability of the products.
- IP address
- Browser type
- Date and time of visit
- How long do we retain your personal data?
We do not retain your personal data for longer than necessary for the purposes for which we process your personal data (see section 3 for an overview of the processing purposes). We will only retain the personal data for longer periods if we are legally obliged to do so or if it is necessary to protect our interests in court.
The following retention periods apply:
Personal data - 1 month after unsubscribing from the e-learning system:
- Email addresses
- How do we protect your personal data?
We will take the necessary administrative, technical, and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the specific risks we have identified. We protect your personal data against destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access to personal data that is transmitted, stored, or otherwise processed.
- Do we share or transfer your personal data?
In the context of the purposes listed above, we may share your personal data with third parties in certain situations:
- We may share your e-learning results with your employer. We will only do this if the e-learning software is facilitated by your employer. The purpose is to provide your employer with insight into your progress and achievements.
- Under certain circumstances, we may be obligated to share (your) personal data, for example, when we are involved in a legal proceeding or need to comply with legal obligations, a court order, or an instruction from an insurer or a government institution such as a data protection authority.
- We may work with third parties who process personal data on our behalf (for example, providers of IT applications we use in the course of our activities). We will enter into the necessary data processing agreements with such parties to ensure lawful and proper processing of personal data.
- We may transfer personal data in the context of a sale or transfer of our business, when required for that transaction.
If relevant, when transferring your personal data to third parties, we provide sufficient safeguards to protect your personal data. For example, we enter into data processing agreements (which include restrictions on the use of your personal data as well as obligations regarding the protection and security of your personal data) with relevant parties.
- Can I access my personal data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can submit a request to us, and we will provide you with a copy of it (to the extent we have your data). This is also known as a 'subject access request.'
Such a request must be submitted in writing by email or postal mail (see paragraph 10 for address details). In principle, we do not charge any fees for a subject access request. However, if your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive" (for example, if you unnecessarily submit repeated requests), we may charge you a fee to cover our administrative costs.
Upon receipt of your subject access request, you will receive our response within 1 month. We aim to provide you with a complete response within this period, including a copy of your personal data. In some cases, especially if your request is complex, we may need more time. In that case, we will inform you of the progress.
Regarding your visit to our website, the following applies to personal data.
Cookies or similar techniques we use
During the first visit to our website, we inform visitors about these cookies and request their consent to place them.
Visitors can opt out of cookies by adjusting their internet browser settings to no longer store cookies. Users can also delete all information previously stored through the browser's settings. See here for an explanation.
You can opt out of creating a user profile by using this link. You can indicate that Smartlook does not store data about your use of the website and choose the opt-out option for Smartlook's use of tracking cookies on other websites.
- What other rights do you have?
Under certain circumstances, you have the right:
- to receive additional information about the processing of your personal data;
- to rectify your personal data;
- to erase your personal data;
- to object to (part of) the processing of your personal data;
- to restrict (part of) the processing of your personal data; and
- to data portability (in other words, the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and then transfer or have it transferred to another organization).
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority. Address: Bezuidenhoutseweg 30 (2594 AV) Den Haag. Phone number: 0881805250.
- Automated decision-making and profiling
We do not use automated decision-making or profiling.
- Contact information
To contact us regarding anything related to your personal data and/or data protection, including exercising your rights as a data subject as discussed above in paragraphs 7 and 8, particularly your right to object, you can use the contact information below:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 085 130 2698
Mailing address: Arsenaalgas 8C, 6511 PE Nijmegen